Spirit Of Islam: Bread and Roti- What Should I Do With Leftover? - Spirit Of Islam

Icon Important Announcement!

Like us on facebook!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bread and Roti- What Should I Do With Leftover?

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:56 PM (#21) User is offline   hb014g4573 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Shouldn't we also ask the council or those in charge about if we are allowed to put roti or bread outside on some street/grass or park for birds to eat?  I say this is because I have heard that in the past, not very long ago, in Bradford, some women got fined a lot of monies because she put roti and bread in some park or grass and some cops or may be community workers/Police community Service Officers saw her and grassed on her.  So we are to be vigilant.

So what if the council or someone in charge does not allow us to place roti or bread on the street or on some grass as they may say it may be a health hazard to birds or that the area will not look clean and tidy etc,WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO THEN?

But doing it in discreet or in secret is not a good Muslim behaviour/character afterall,  or is this type of act permitted and are we then excused/pardoned and forgiven, simply because its not something that can be helped?

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:23 PM (#22) User is offline   csmaliakbar 

• New Moon
  • Pip

I heard a bayaan few weeks back from a living wali-allah. He told us a waqiya about a small boy, whose father made a living by selling kheer ( a kind of sweet). One day the father was ill and was not able to go out for selling kheer. So the next day he sent his son for selling kheer. The boy was asked to sell kheer at Rs.1 for a quantity.
While on street for selling, the boy shouted, taaza (fresh) kheer Rs.1 and baasi (old/previous day) kheer Rs.2. People thought the small boy was confused, and wanted to correct him and said taaza (fresh) kheer must be Rs.2 and baasi (old/previous day) kheer Rs.1. But the boy did not agree and said what he was saying is correct.
So the people asked for the rational behind it. The boy said the baasi kheer was prepared yesterday. Yesterday is more closer to my beloved prophet Muhammad mustafa   . Hence baasi kheer is more valuable and has more barkat compared to the fresh kheer. All the people had to agree with his logic and purchased all the baasi kheer.
This act of small boy was liked and accepted by Allah very much. Then Allah made the boy his friend, i.e., Awliya Allah. I dont remember the name (it ends as halwayi rehmatullahi alai), I hope senior people in yanabi.com would tell us.

Now, tell me brothers/sisters, what are you going to do with your baasi food.

Also my mother always cooks food for one person extra, She considers guest as a barkat and Allah sends someone as a guest to her home. And my mother gets happy by providing food to the guest, since she has been gifted to do a good work without hassle. If no one come to my home we give it some needy person the same day or the next day.
Qaak mujhme kamal rakha hai Mustafa(Sallalahoo alaihi wassalam) ne sambhal rakha hai 

Teri Nasle Paak Me He Bacha Bacha Noor Ka Tu He Aine Noor Tere Sab Gharana Noor Ka

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:15 PM (#23) User is offline   AnilaS 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Salaam,

JazakAllah for giving such good ideas!! Inshallah I will act upon your suggestions at home.

However, with the leftovers of the Restaurant...I'm not quite sure what to do because there's no poor people is this area really, we can't freeze the food (fresh is made everyday), we can't give so much to the birds, and we can't expect how many customers we gonna have today (and make only so much) either....

It is Gunnah to throw food away and so many people are dying out of hunger in many poor countries. I would really like to find a solution for it because I really hate wasting food so please if anyone has any good ideas/suggestions I will really appreciate it if you can help.

JazakAllah once again for your previous suggestions.

Wasalaam.
Your sis Anila.
* Allah gives and forgives; Man gets and forgets *

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:31 PM (#24) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Now in uk they give a bin for food and that is good , they recycle that to make bird feed etc. But again one br mention give to neighbours yes you can give to them or you can freeze salun and eat any other day or add in atta and make spicy roties.
The ebst freeze any salun left or any fresh vegetables etc what is more than your need cut them freeze them and cook whenever need it , better buy only what you need and try to cook how much you need if any food go off give to birds or any cats etc never throw in bin a big gunah to put food in bin .

If bread left make bread pudding or crumble and freeze and add as chicken stuffing etc or as bread crumbs.

Teach kids from the start put in there plates only how much they can eat if still they got food in plate mothers can eat or keep in fridge they can eat later . In a week or so they will learn how much to put in plate , teach them get food second time but dont fill ist time and waste .

The best option freeze or eat next day or use in sandwiches , roti you can fold in foil warm next day on griddle or in toaster or when warm on griddle put butter on it .

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:40 PM (#25) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

View PostAnilaS, on 23 May 2006 - 06:15 PM, said:

Salaam, <BR><BR><SPAN style="color: blue">JazakAllah for giving such good ideas!! Inshallah I will act upon your suggestions at home. <BR><BR></SPAN>However, with the <SPAN style="color: red">leftovers of the Restaurant</SPAN>...I'm not quite sure what to do because there's no poor people is this area really, we can't freeze the food (fresh is made everyday), we can't give so much to the birds, and we can't expect how many customers we gonna have today (and make only so much) either....<BR><BR><SPAN style="color: blue">It is Gunnah to throw food away and so many people are dying out of hunger in many poor countries.</SPAN> <SPAN style="color: blue"><b>I would really like to find a solution for it because I really hate wasting food so please if anyone has any good ideas/suggestions I will really appreciate it if you can help. <BR></b><BR></SPAN>JazakAllah once again for your previous suggestions. <BR><BR>Wasalaam. <BR>Your sis Anila.

If any pakistani orphnage in your area or women center contact them and expalin them you always got food left in night so deliver to them they can use next day , salun in resturants they use next day even I saw in fish shops they sell fish next day , in nottingham they got one place where muslim homeless people live and that is a free place I think and the volunteers cook there so you can find if any in your area give them.

Or adrvertise that any one can come and ask in mornings any leftover food and collect I hope pakistani english will come and collect .

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:45 PM (#26) User is offline   Abdul09 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Asalaam Alai Kum

Consume only to your requirment, Share with those who are worthy of charity, make sure 40 to your right and 40 to your left have had their stomach's fill.

Wasalaam Alai Kum.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:49 PM (#27) User is offline   Abdul09 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

View Postpiara-madinah, on 04 January 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

If any pakistani orphnage in your area or women center contact them and expalin them you always got food left in night so deliver to them they can use next day , salun in resturants they use next day even I saw in fish shops they sell fish next day , in nottingham they got one place where muslim homeless people live and that is a free place I think and the volunteers cook there so you can find if any in your area give them.

Or adrvertise that any one can come and ask in mornings any leftover food and collect I hope pakistani english will come and collect .

Asalaam Alai Kum

Iv'e worked with Macedon trust but thats a christian homeless souprun charity.
What is the name or location of the Muslim trust sis.

PS...Do you know Nottingham well?

Wasalaam Alai Kum.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:50 AM (#28) User is offline   piara-madinah 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

View PostAbdul09, on 04 January 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Asalaam Alai Kum

Iv'e worked with Macedon trust but thats a christian homeless souprun charity.
What is the name or location of the Muslim trust sis.

PS...Do you know Nottingham well?

Wasalaam Alai Kum.

I lived 10 months there, and was living in bramcote about few miles from university and next to woolaton and I read in urdu newspaper the paper musjids produced etc and I think its somewhere near madina cash n carry .Woolaton bramcote and beeston areas I know and the nearst mosque where we going lenton few miles from bramcote.After we found dr musharf's lectures good and we were going there .

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services