• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is CHILLA?

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:00 AM (#1) User is offline   TheTruth 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Salam brothers,

This thread would be the interesting. What is Chilla? I never heard this from Quran and Hadith. Only from people that whoever does Chilla. Meaning a person spends 40 days of keep praying. The Jinn comes in. If a person couldn't finish 40 days then that person will die. Is it true that a person who does Chilla see Jinns? Please tell me about Chilla.

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:34 AM (#2) User is offline   paki_power_ 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

When i saw that chilla word i was thinking its chilleh (something to do with pancakes) loool!! obviously not!

i heard that peer goo in jungles for some time ..and what ever comes at them..they use quranic ayats and that to protect them selves..!! i don't know if this statement is authentic..or if it is called chilla
Nah Daulat Deh,
Nah Shorat Deh,
Mujhay Bus Yai Shahadat Deh,
Keh Teray Kadmor Meh Mar Jahu,
Meh Raw Raw Kar Madinah Meh

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:13 AM (#3) User is offline   smartguy 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Thats something tabligi jamat people does. They go for 40 days in jamat somewhere and which is called "chilla". I don't know much abt jinn coming there.

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:37 AM (#4) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Waalaikum Assalaam!

The real word is 'Muraqba' or 'Mujahida'.

It is done to kill your desires for this world for the sole purpose of achieving Ma'arfat-e-Ilahi, Fear and Love of Allah Azzawajal.

When a Muslim's Nafs-e-Ammarah(Bad Desires) dominates Nafs-e-Mutmainnah(Good Desires), the things which please the Nafs are given up for Allah's Sake to achieve Fear of Allah. Even if this is not the situation, it is done to progress towards Allah Azzawajal, spiritually.

People ask why didn't the Sahaba do this. They say this is Bidah.

Sahaba Ikram didnot need to do 'Muraqbas' and 'Mujahidas'. The Sight of Rasoolullah purified their hearts day and night. The Revealing of Ayahs and the effect of the Recitation of Rasoolullah brought Fear and Love for Allah Azzawajal in their hearts. Their Nafs-e-Ammarah was suppressed Day and Night.

All the Great Saints did 'Muraqbas' to get Ma'arfat-e-Ilahi, the Fear and Love of Allah Azzawajal.

Today, this is the reason why it is stressed to take bayt from a Shaykh. Even if the Shaykh is silent, you should keep looking at them. The Quran Al Hakeem says that the sight of these Pious people remind you of Allah Azzawajal and Allah Azzawajal's thoughts purify the hearts. That spirituality can only be felt in the presence of a Wali Allah.

It is a voluntary Ibadah.

The minimum time prescribed for Muraqba is 80 years as stated by Alahazrat but he adds that if someone has a Kamil Shaykh, he can progress to that spiritual level in no time.

40 days is fixed by Tableeghi Jamaat. No use of it. If your beliefs are not straight, deeds become the fuel of Hell. When you donot know the direction, walking is foolishness.

Satan was the most pious person of his time. He Worshipped Allah Azzawajal for 6,000,000 years. There is not a needle bit of space on the face of this planet where he didnot prostrate before Allah Azzawajal. The Angels requested Allah Azzawajal to Make him the Leader of The Angels because the satan had a lot of Knowledge of Allah Azzawajal due to the Ma'arfat-e-Ilahi he achieved through his Ibadah.

What wasted all of it? Disrespecting a Prophet, Hazrat Adam.

Your deeds and worshipping cannot safeguard your Faith. The Love of Your Prophet can. This is what The Holy Quran teaches us.

JAZAK ALLAH

What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:08 AM (#5) User is offline   Rafeel 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationKarachi, Pakistan

Chilla = 40 days with Tableeghi Jamaat
Allama Abdul Sattar Hamdani says it beautifully

MIAN (HUSBAND) Tableegh Mein Biwi Public Mein

hahaha

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:39 AM (#6) User is offline   rafiklakhani 

• New Moon
  • Pip

salam
can i just say that if you dont know something, please dont take the mick
chilla is an action which is the begining for a normal person and takes them on the path of tasawuf which doesnt only help them but ak=lso millions of their lovers!!!!!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:44 AM (#7) User is offline   Desert-Sheikh 

• Administrator
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

Originally posted by: The Truth

Salam brothers,This thread would be the interesting. What is Chilla? I never heard this from Quran and Hadith. Only from people that whoever does Chilla. Meaning a person spends 40 days of keep praying. The Jinn comes in. If a person couldn't finish 40 days then that person will die. Is it true that a person who does Chilla see Jinns? Please tell me about Chilla.

There is another Chilla offered by Tablighi Jamaat, If a Sunni joins after 40 days Devil comes and convert him to wahabiayt.
Administrator
YaNabi Team

-What is it to make you wonder, if I roam the desert waste?
Not all those who wander are lost!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:27 PM (#8) User is offline   Sag--e--Raza 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

As-Salaatu Was-Salaamu Alaika Yaa Rasoolallahi (sallallahu alaihi wa aalihi wa sahbihi wa sallam)

Chilla refers to action performed with some creteria of 40 (forty). (it can be 40 times repeatation. or action for forty days, 40 years, etc.)

Originally posted by: The TruthWhat is Chilla? I never heard this from Quran and Hadith. Only from people that whoever does Chilla. Meaning a person spends 40 days of keep praying.

You never heard, now read

Al-A'raf (The Heights)

وَوَاعَدْنَا مُوسَى ثَلاَثِينَ لَيْلَةً وَأَتْمَمْنَاهَا بِعَشْرٍ فَتَمَّ مِيقَاتُ رَبِّهِ أَرْبَعِينَ لَيْلَةً وَقَالَ مُوسَى لأَخِيهِ هَارُونَ اخْلُفْنِي فِي قَوْمِي وَأَصْلِحْ وَلاَ تَتَّبِعْ سَبِيلَ الْمُفْسِدِينَ

WawaAAadna moosa thalatheena laylatan waatmamnaha biAAashrin fatamma meeqatu rabbihi arbaAAeena laylatan waqala moosa liakheehi haroona okhlufnee fee qawmee waaslih wala tattabiAA sabeela almufsideena

7:142 AND [then] We appointed for Moses thirty nights [on Mount Sinai ]; and We added to them ten, whereby the term of forty nights set bye, his Sustainer was fulfilled. [104] And Moses said unto his brother Aaron: "Take thou my place among my people; and act righteously, and follow not the path of the spreaders of corruption."

Thus,this CHILLAA, the sunnat of Hazrat Musa (alaihis-salaam) is the proof of Buzurgaan-e-Deen (the Awliya).

Even the CHILLAA of Tabligi Jama'at has reference in Qur'aan Shareef
Shocked !!!!!! Dont be !!!
Read this

Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread)

قَالَ فَإِنَّهَا مُحَرَّمَةٌ عَلَيْهِمْ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً يَتِيهُونَ فِي الأَرْضِ فَلاَ تَأْسَ عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْفَاسِقِينَ

Qala fainnaha muharramatun AAalayhim arbaAAeena sanatan yateehoona fee alardi fala tasa AAala alqawmi alfasiqeena

5:26 Answered He: "Then, verily, this [land] shall be forbidden to them for forty years, while they wander on earth, bewildered, to and fro; and sorrow thou not over these iniquitous folk."

WAllahu wa Rasooloohu A'alam (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam)
Astagfirullah-rabbi-min-kulli-zanbin-wa-atoobu-ilaih

Wal-Hamdulillah

Yaa Gaus-e-A'azam
Kya kahoon Aaqaa (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) mein kya hoon
Banda-e-Gaus-ul-waraa hoon
Kwajaa key Dar kaa Gadaa hoo
Aur Sag-e-Ahmad-Raza hoon

Yaa Gaus Al-Madad

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:29 PM (#9) User is offline   shakil 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Mashallah brother

you put your message across brilliantly....tablighi jamat or as some aalims say(bistar lota party) are very deviant and the sweetness of their approuch to people is very misleading..

i have huge struggles against them at work..they go around people portraying they are the best of muslims,,when all they are interested in are converting u to their deviant beliefs...

in certains towns in birmingham they go around knocking on peoples doors,asking the person who opens the door read the kalma...have you ever thought why they ask this question....they ask because they believe u aint a muslim and when u read it ..u became muslim at there request....how deviant is that....next time someone asks you to read the kalma..say to them..why has it changed...it soon will shut them up.

Khuda Ahlesunnat Ko Abard Rakhe

Muhammad(Sallalaho alaihi wasalam) ka Milad Hota Rahega

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:55 PM (#10) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Yes, they come to my door and say,'Brother, there is a Mehfil-e-FIKAR IN THE MOSQUE TONIGHT....'

My father told me to tell them that they do FIKAR nad we do ZIKAR. FIKAR is the first step and that is what they are doing all the time. We don't have to FIKAR because we are doing ZIKAR of Rasoolullah. FIKAR is for those who donot do ZIKAR.

Previously, they used to come and ask me to come with them, I used to give a straight answer,'Alhamdulillah! We have a Mehfil-e-Milaad every Thursday, please come.'..and zooooom...hey where did they go.

I have a sticker on my front door now which keeps them away.

'ASSALAATO WASSALAAM-O-ALAIKA YARASOOLALLAH'

This keeps the satans and its followers away.

What is the constant concern of The Holy Prophet Alayhis Salaatu Wa Salaam? The Forgiveness of His Ummah. Struggle for it.

A common human being uses no more than 3 percent of his brain's total capability. Where do you use the remaining 97 percent when there is nothing meaningless or unnecessary in God's creation? In search of His Ma'arifah, in the path of spirituality - to Know Him.

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:23 AM (#11) User is offline   masd 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Originally posted by: Muhammad Mobasher Muhammadi

Yes, they come to my door and say,'Brother, there is a Mehfil-e-FIKAR IN THE MOSQUE TONIGHT....'My father told me to tell them that they do FIKAR nad we do ZIKAR. FIKAR is the first step and that is what they are doing all the time. We don't have to FIKAR because we are doing ZIKAR of Rasoolullah. FIKAR is for those who donot do ZIKAR.Previously, they used to come and ask me to come with them, I used to give a straight answer,'Alhamdulillah! We have a Mehfil-e-Milaad every Thursday, please come.'..and zooooom...hey where did they go.I have a sticker on my front door now which keeps them away.'ASSALAATO WASSALAAM-O-ALAIKA YARASOOLALLAH'This keeps the satans and its followers away.

May be we should go to their doors and ask them to say 'ASSALAATO WASSALAAM-O-ALAIKA YARASOOLALLAH'  

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:44 PM (#12) User is offline   Muhammad_Mobasher_Muhammadi 

• MMM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Originally posted by: Masood Alam

May be we should go to their doors and ask them to say 'ASSALAATO WASSALAAM-O-ALAIKA YARASOOLALLAH[IMG][/IMG]'   i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0

Nice one, brother.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:07 PM (#13) User is offline   ghuraba 

• New Moon
  • Pip

brothers and sisters whtever u think of other sects always do dua we unite under one school of thought only then will we be able to return islam to its former glory inshallah

1 UMMAH INSHALLAH

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:20 PM (#14) User is offline   hamza_ali78 

• First Quarter
  • PipPipPip

Is it permissible to go on jamaat with the tablighi jamaat for 40 days?
One Ummah. One Love. No Divide.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:16 PM (#15) User is offline   alansar 

• Waxing Crescent
  • PipPip

Originally posted by: Bhaijaan Garam Masala

Is it permissible to go on jamaat with the tablighi jamaat for 40 days?

go as a ashiq of ALLAH'S RASOOL[S.A.W.] to REVERT them into islam. to do that, you must be prepared for an all out attack on your beliefs with shaitaan and his army on their side.             
' FEAR ALLAH AND LOVE ALLAH'S RASOOL[S.A.W] '

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:23 PM (#16) User is offline   Dua610 

• New Moon
  • Pip

Chilla mean z chilklout i dunno anywayz
Salamualayka ya RasulAllah

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:10 AM (#17) User is offline   badman 

• Waxing Gibbous
  • PipPipPipPip

Salams,

Many many years ago me cousin went for forty days, we told him why he was going (we never knew much then) so he explained to us that it was Wajib on every Muslim to go (out of town and travel different towns and cities) and do atleast forty days of dawa work - once in their lifetime - bringing Muslims in to Islam (LolZ) we found his answers to be lil strange. He was insistence that one day I should do this as well as it was a great Sunnah of the Sahabah (ALLAH be pleased with Them All).

He went with them only to run back home to his wife 12 days later. He's never said what went on but I know something strange happened, he was so adamant to do the whole forty days only to come back twelve days later (LolZ).

There's a tableeghi that hangs around a Mosque I went too (he's like the ameer of the weekend gang) the most basic of Sunnah which is having a bath, he and his cronies lacked!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options
  Or sign in with these services